What are unit trust transfers?
You can now transfer your cash unit trust/mutual fund holdings from a bank/distributor into Endowus Fund Smart. This allows you to enjoy significant savings, as well as other benefits of investing with Endowus (listed below). What’s more, transfers are free of charge and do not cause any loss of time in the market.
What are the benefits of transferring my unit trust holdings into Endowus Fund Smart?
1. Lowest fund fees in the market, with up to 50% savings.
- 100% Cashback on trailer fees. No sales charges. No transaction fees.
- Enjoy hundreds of dollars in savings by making the transfer.
2. Access to the world’s top investors
- Exclusive access to lower cost institutional share class funds from best-in-class fund managers, as compared to other platforms that charge more on retail share class.
- These institutional share class funds are not normally available to retail investors at other banks/distributors, and are typically half the cost, hence allowing us to bring costs down to the lowest levels achievable.
- Our funds are picked by experts, and managed by experts. Every strategy is SMART+ curated by the Endowus Investment Office for performance, cost, investment process, and more.
3. Advice from licensed experts
- Schedule a 1-on-1 consultation from our team of MAS-licensed client advisors for all your individual wealth management needs.
- A hassle-free experience, with minimal paperwork required.
Transfer your unit trust holdings in 4 steps
- Set up an Endowus account here.
- Initiate the transfer out process with your bank/distributor by filling up the relevant form(s) on their end or send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll provide the relevant transfer paperwork.
- Share the filled out forms together with your latest statement of holdings, with your Endowus advisor.
- Leave the rest to us.
More Details on Unit Trust Transfers
What are the funds available for unit trust transfers?
- You can view all our funds here.
What is the minimum transfer value?
- Transfer value has to be at least S$250,000 per fund.
Which funding source is this available for?
- Cash only, and not CPF or SRS.
Can I transfer to any funds that are available in Singapore?
- If the fund is already on Endowus Fund Smart, there are no issues.
- If the Fund is not on Fund Smart,
- (if it is a different share class) For new share classes to be onboarded, they will follow the monthly cadence we have in place.
- (if it is a new Fund) Our IO team will need to go through the SMART+ screening process before we decide to onboard the fund.
- Please note that onboarding of new funds is done on a discretionary basis.
Can I make the transfer for Accredited Investor (AI) funds?
- Only Endowus-validated AI clients can transfer in AI funds.
- If you would like to opt in as an AI, please find the form here.
Where can I download the necessary transfer in forms?
What are the documents required?
- Transfer out forms from your bank/distributor.
- Transfer in forms for Endowus.
- Latest statement of holdings.
- CKA certificate (If you have an Endowus account, there is no need for this).
How long does it take to transfer my funds from other banks/distributors?
- The whole process can take 2 weeks or more, depending on the processing speed of the bank/distributor. On average, we see that the time taken is 6-8 weeks.
After transferring my Unit Trust holdings to Endowus, am I able to transfer to other platforms?
- At the moment, this is not possible, but you can liquidate your positions at any time on the Endowus Fund Smart platform.
To find out more, chat with us via: