- Accredited Investor Status
- How do I become an Accredited Investor?
- How do I invest into the alternative fund I want?
Accredited Investor Status
To get access to the suite of alternative investment offerings on the Endowus platform, you'll first need to update your investor status to that of an Accredited Investor with us.
To qualify as an Accredited Investor, one of the following requirements must be fulfilled:
Financial assets*, net of any related liabilities, exceed $1 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
Income in the preceding 12 months is not less than $300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
Net personal assets exceed $2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), of which the value of the individual’s primary residence (net of any secured loan) can only contribute up to $1 million.
*Financial assets (net of any related liabilities) means
- a deposit as defined in section 4B of the Banking Act (Cap. 19);
- an investment product as defined in section 2(1) of the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110); or
- any other asset prescribed as a “financial asset” for purposes of establishing Accredited Investor status by MAS.
How do I apply to become an Accredited Investor?
You may complete the Accredited Investor opt-in form accompanied with the relevant supporting documents. Once processed and verified, your investor status would be changed to reflect your AI status.
How do I create an alternative investment goal on my Endowus account?
Once you're an Accredited Investors with us here at Endowus, your Endowus account will have access to the myriad of alternative investments available. Here's how to create a new investment that consists of the alternative investment fund you're interested in.
1. On your Endowus account, create a new goal:
2. Select the alternative fund of your choice under the "Fund Smart" option. We've provided some categories to help you better locate the fund of your interest.
3. Once you've selected the fund you're interested in, you'll see the associated information regarding the fund such as the subscription terms, cut-off dates and fund documents. Select "Buy this fund" to begin investing into this fund.
4. We've also prepared a quick questionnaire to help you make a suitability check between your investment goals and the risk of the selected fund. If your risk-appetite and the fund's risk level is congruous, you may proceed to make investments into the fund.
5. Indicate the amount you would like to invest:
6. You're almost there. Review your investments and make the require acknowledgements at the end of the page and select "Confirm my Investment" thereafter.
7. You're all set! Once the associated currency is deposited into your Endowus account, your investment will be processed for its associated trade date.