What is the CKA?
The Monetary Authority of Singapore requires financial institutions to assess the investment knowledge and experience of retail investors who wish to transact in Unlisted Specified Investment Products (SIPs). SIPs, such as certain unit trusts, are generally deemed to be more complex than other products. This CKA requirement is put in place by MAS to protect your interests. You are strongly encouraged to fulfil your CKA requirement.
You will be deemed to have satisfied CKA if you have any one of the following:
- Diploma or Higher qualification in related fields (e.g. Accountancy, Finance, Economics etc.)
- Finance-related professional qualifications (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Public Accountant etc.)
- Investment experience: Traded a total of at least 6 transactions in Unit Trusts / Mutual Funds over the preceding 3 years.
- Working experience: Minimum of 3 continuous years in the preceding 10 years of relevant working experience in Finance
- ABS-SAS e-Learning Module: Undergone and passed the ABS-SAS Unit Trusts and Investment-linked Insurance Products Module. You can assess the portal here.
What will happen to my recurring investments should my CKA expire?
Should your CKA expire, any recurring investments that you've set up on your Endowus account will be paused. They will only resume after you have fulfilled the CKA requirement.
Will I be allowed to make investments if I have not completed my CKA?
You are highly encouraged to complete your CKA to continue making investments on the Endowus platform.
Some clients will be prompted to accept a risk disclosure agreement when making any new investments. By accepting this risk disclosure, clients are agreeing to invest at their own risk. We strongly encourage clients to fulfil their CKA requirements.
How do I take the ABS-SAS e-Learning Portal for the Unit Trusts and Investment-linked Insurance Products Module?
Please click here to access the ABS-SAS e-Learning Portal, where you can select the Unit Trusts and Investment-linked Insurance Products Module. For new users, please register by completing the new user form and logging in using your email address.
Kindly note that you only have to take the module titled: Unit Trusts and Investment-Linked Insurance Policy. There will be an assessment conducted at the end when you have completed the Module. There are no restrictions on the number of attempts required to pass the assessment. You will receive a Certificate upon completion of the module, which will be sent to your registered email address. You can upload the Certificate to your Endowus account then.